All About YOU

Sign by Dealighted - Black Friday Coupons

A compilation of subject matter as seen from my viewpoint. There is no secret or hidden meaning, so read it "as is." There is NOTHING to read between the lines. This forum I use simply to sort my thoughts, feelings, ideas, and insights, not as an avenue for communication.

Saturday, November 29, 2008

What sparks a flame?

In old Siam (today’s Thailand), white elephants were so rare that they were automatically the property of the emperor. To punish people, the emperor would give them a white elephant, because while they had to care for it, they were forbidden to ride or work it. Hence, the modern term for something totally useless: a white elephant  
(Just in case you are unaware, each time you log onto my blog you will find a new "useless knowledge" at the very bottom of my page.)

So, what is it that you are passionate about? For me it is such things as useless knowledge and trivia. It especially excites me if it pertains in any way to medicine or beauty techniques. I love to learn and have been a life-long student of the insignificant.

Which brings me to my next subject--medical savants, or medical intuatives, also known my many other names, not the least of them, "quacks."

Thanksgiving afternoon I came to learn of such a person by the name of Barry Joneshill who lives in Rosebud, Arkansas, near Searcy. The hostess of our dining pleasure introduced me to this subject from first-hand knowledge. She and her husband had learned of him through a friend and had actually gone to visit Mr. Joneshill about three weeks ago.

From what I understand, Mr. Joneshill "consults" with a client and determines their physical ailments not from an in depth interview or medical history, rather from "reading" them. Apparently, one meets with him, tells him nothing of their medical history or present illnesses, and practically by introduction only, minutes later is able to "diagnose" his clients past, present, and future medical problems.

He owns a health food store of sorts in Rose Bud by the name of "Remedies." The herbs and natural remedies he recommends are available for purchase in the store, however, are not unique concoctions and are also available either on the Internet or various other health food stores.

I'm told that a session lasts about twenty minutes or so and there is no cost for his services. There is a "tip" jar on the counter for any gratuities or donations on may wish to contribute, however, it is neither required, or encouraged in any way.

To the person, the accounts given caused chill bumps to emerge as the information given them during their individual sessions were nothing short of miraculous. 

It seems that Mr. Joneshill has been blessed with a spiritual gift and is able then to glean from his clients medical conditions that have oftentimes even gotten worse with traditional "Western" medical treatments and medications.

The four persons to whom I spoke concerning his consultation related their amazement as he broached ailments they had listed they intended to ask him about or to discuss with him, however, had not yet brought up. 

According to them, he spoke of very specific compulsions and behaviors such as "you experience an extremely strong urge several times a day to brush your teeth and to use mouthwash related to a metallic taste in your mouth," and not a broad range subject such as, "there are times you don't sleep well," which all of us experience on occasion.

This fascinates me and Tom and I intend to call his office/store Monday morning and inquire as to what days he will be there. As he sees his clients on a "first-come, first-served" basis, he suggests that prior to traveling to Rose Bud, a phone call be made to ensure he will be there on any given day. 

Usually, he is there Monday through Friday, however, on occasion, he has prior engagements and either leaves early or is out altogether. 

Now I'm not sure why it is that I am just now hearing about this medical phenomenon, but it is my intention to get the word out as quickly as possible. There have been several "reviews" written about both him and his practice by professionals and non-professionals alike, but I encourage you to "google" him and do some research yourself if interested.

By the articles I have read, he professes to be a born again Christian (despite being known as "the voodoo doctor) and did spend several years as a missionary in Africa. There he studied the medicinal properties of herbs, roots, etc. The rest, as they say, is history.

Now those of you who know me will understand my desire to confer with this gentleman. My luck, he will declare me terminally healthy and turn his attention directly to Tom.......

A Little Off.....




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes I have heard of the guy and know someone who has gone to him. He is very accurate with his findings. The lady that I go to for therapy can tell you more as she and her daughter have gone to him....lol