All About YOU

Sign by Dealighted - Black Friday Coupons

A compilation of subject matter as seen from my viewpoint. There is no secret or hidden meaning, so read it "as is." There is NOTHING to read between the lines. This forum I use simply to sort my thoughts, feelings, ideas, and insights, not as an avenue for communication.

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Saturday mornings are for slugs....

Nice to meet you. I'm a slug. I don't mind telling you that if I were at home, today I may well sleep all day. At least I would make a valiant attempt.

By 6:30 here at my brother's house I hear the coffee timer notifying the household that hot caffeine is ready to ingest. Obviously, it is unaware that there are those in society who would prefer to ingest it on their own schedules--say, oh, 4:00 PM or thereabout. Slug time. You got your Mountain Time, Central Time, Pacific Time, Daylight Savings Time, and Slug Time.

Though you hear about it less frequently, it is a real, and often preferred means of time keeping by many. I, my friend, am one of those persons!

Jr. and Bobbi (apparently) hopped right out of bed as if there were something pressing they needed to get done today. Sadly, they are wasting away some of the most precious hours of their lives--sedentary. 

Deer hunting was Jr.'s objective, which I can understand...to a point...although I would have done my traveling to my desired destination last night as to be able to cherish a few extra moments snuggled between warm covers rather than to make the cold journey this morning.

Bobbi's incentive was a bit more foreign to me. She rushed around to get out into the cold to "work out." And she seemed even to be joyful about it. Strange.

Maggie and I would be content to reposition at will to once again allow circulation to nourish our compressed tissues, if the need arose. One's body usually cues the "roll over" urge. Other than that, we would only need to empty our bladders. That's plenty of exercise for any given Saturday, I'd say. See seems to agree.

However, since my purpose for being here at all is to clean the house and iron in preparation for Thanksgiving guests next week, I probably should ponder a bit on devising some sort of plan of action for accomplishing the task before me. After all, Bobbi will be back in a couple of hours, and I'll have her lunch to prepare. Guess I'd better go wash that pear......

I'm going to eat a hot fudge Pop Tart..........that's work out enough for me. Have you pushed a lever down on a toaster lately? Whew!

A little off....................

No comments: