All About YOU

Sign by Dealighted - Black Friday Coupons

A compilation of subject matter as seen from my viewpoint. There is no secret or hidden meaning, so read it "as is." There is NOTHING to read between the lines. This forum I use simply to sort my thoughts, feelings, ideas, and insights, not as an avenue for communication.

Saturday, November 1, 2008

November Painted Firey Sprays and Golden Scenes

If today is a taste of what November holds, we are in for a real treat!

What an awesome and breathtaking palate God blesses us with every changing season. Today my family and I witnessed His vast, majestic canvas in all its splendor! With every turn in the road ahead of us, we anxiously awaited the beauty only He can afford. He did not disappoint.

After a breakfast of jowl, eggs, and toast, the "family unit" piled into the SUV and atop a Honda Gold Wing headed for Pea Ridge. A location rich in American History, not only the half of us who served in the United States Army was interested in visiting the Pea Ridge National Military Park, all 6 of us were.

Jr. (my brother) and Bobbi (my sis-in-law) were sporting the Gold Wing and Mom, Daddy, Tom, and I were in the SUV. Oh, how I wish I could have been on the back of a bike, too! Talk about a perfect day for a motorcycle ride! Well, it was a beautiful day for anything, today--even hanging out the back window of an SUV, which, yes, I did. You should be able to tell by some of the photos below.

Far too much to tell about (you simply must visit either in person or via the web) tonight, but suffice it to say, no one walked away wanting. There was a museum, an informative 30-min movie, a gift shop/book store, and a 7-mile tour one can take with many monuments, plaques, and historical site markers along the way.

The majority of the photos I have posted here were taken on said driving tour.
The day in no way could have been improved upon. The weather was a perfect mid 70's, sunny, slight breeze, and the bluest of blue skies as a backdrop for the bursting autumn colors of our North Arkansas trees.

Enjoy!

A Little Off...................


















Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A NON FICTION BOOK-------A PICTURE IS WORTH A 1,000 WORDS; YOU HAVE WRITTEN A "TOP NOTCH" NOVEL.