All About YOU

Sign by Dealighted - Black Friday Coupons

A compilation of subject matter as seen from my viewpoint. There is no secret or hidden meaning, so read it "as is." There is NOTHING to read between the lines. This forum I use simply to sort my thoughts, feelings, ideas, and insights, not as an avenue for communication.

Friday, November 21, 2008

Ironing out the facts about ironing.

Until last night, I thought ironing was a lost art. Well, I'm here to tell you that I've found it again. When my brother and sister asked me if I was interested in "doing a little ironing" for them, I thought, "Heck, yeah, why not?" 

I'm a little more informed now. A little ironing, to me, would be 8 or 10 shirts, a few skirts, a couple dresses, some dress pants, you know--"some ironing."

Bless their hearts, they've both got more clothes than the Salvation Army, Goodwill, and any church thrift shop's got together--before sorting!

Only their stuff is high-dollar and's got lots of trim, ruffles, lace, ribbon, and that's just Jr.'s. LOL Just kidding....

I am convinced, however that they cleaned out their closets and seriously questioned as to whether they could even wear all those clothes.

Bobbi's iron is the best one I have ever used. It is heavy (one might not think that was a positive characteristic, but I do) and it has a lot of neat features as far as irons go.

At first I was even excited about getting to buy two different kinds of spray starches: one for regular clothes, and one for dark clothing as this one didn't leave that white residue. At the end of 8 hours, that excitement had waned a bit.

I'm not griping, because I know I have it easy. I remember the days when Mom used to sprinkle the clothes and even keep them in the refrigerator. I'm not quite sure what that was all about. 

I still have quite some pile to tackle tomorrow. I'm going to try my best to pick up the pace and still do a perfect (or near perfect) job. I was accused today of simply moving the piles of clothes around to lend the appearance of accomplishment. LOL I didn't, but it was a good idea. LOL

A large portion of what we wear today is what is called, "wash and wear," but believe me when I tell you, there is nothing sharper than a neatly ironed shirt with crisp creases! I intend to do my part to see that this art is not a lost one...

A little off......

No comments: