All About YOU

Sign by Dealighted - Black Friday Coupons

A compilation of subject matter as seen from my viewpoint. There is no secret or hidden meaning, so read it "as is." There is NOTHING to read between the lines. This forum I use simply to sort my thoughts, feelings, ideas, and insights, not as an avenue for communication.

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Random thoughts on routine.....

I've put very little thought into the subject, as you will soon be able to testify to, but as I was putting Maggie's beach towel in the microwave, I wondered how many other people were doing the same. Let me explain....

There is no doubt in my mind that Maggie, my dog (you can see her on my youtube channel!) is not human, rather a domesticated animal. I have that head knowledge. But, I do tend to affix human attributes to her from time to time.

Being a nurse, it is second nature to assess any given situation with an eye for detecting level of comfort. Such as...when Maggie is all curled up in a tight ball  with her nose poked in some squeezed space in thightly folded limbs, the information gleaned from that is: she's cold.

Now I mentioned being a nurse. I'd also like to mention that my dominant spiritual gift is...you guessed it...helps/service--which is most likely one reason I was drawn to that field. So, if I can comfort/provide relief from an untoward situation--or at least one I perceive as being untoward--I will.

Not only Maggie, but others around me may well suffer because of my tendency to interfere with their state of being. There has been many a time I have awakened someone to reposition him/her because it looked to me as if their neck was going to be broken because of how it was positioned atop a crumpled up, folded up pillow. Well, there is no telling how many "cricks" I have prevented......

And so, due to frost on the pumpkin weather, and because of routine, I warm Maggie's beach towel up in the microwave every morning and gently cover her with it tucking it in snuggly around the edges of her compacted body. 

Immediately the warm mound swells as she takes a deep breath, and then a soft sigh upon exhale slips from beneath the warm covers. Minutes later, the mound flattens as she thaws (that's what I think, anyway) and repositions herself more comfortably on her side, all stretched out.

Routine. 

A little off........

No comments: