All About YOU

Sign by Dealighted - Black Friday Coupons

A compilation of subject matter as seen from my viewpoint. There is no secret or hidden meaning, so read it "as is." There is NOTHING to read between the lines. This forum I use simply to sort my thoughts, feelings, ideas, and insights, not as an avenue for communication.

Thursday, December 18, 2008

You got your good news, and you got your bad news...

Hey, hey, hey! I've got news! Man, all these weeks and months that I've wanted to know one way or the other and I'm no more satisfied now than I was before I knew. The news is bitter sweet.

My grant went through. The maximum allowed grant, which is $4, 731.00/fiscal year, which is July 1, 2008-June 30, 2009. Which also means if my income does not change come July 1, 2009, I will qualify for another $4, 731.00 for the 2009/2010 fiscal year, bringing the grand total of my grant monies to 
$9, 462.00 if my math serves me correctly. 

While that sounds wonderful (and is, really), the cost of 11 months of cosmetology school at Bee Jays Hair Styling Academy is just over $10, 000.00, leaving me right at $1, 700.00 short, the amount, oddly, that I was asked to bring as a down payment before the first day of school. Sucks, doesn't it?

Don't mean to be a Debbie Downer, I'm just temporarily bummed out. Thank God "things" usually look better after a good night's rest. I'm going to bed. I've got a big day ahead of me tomorrow--three soups to cook, decorating to do, a trip to Mountain View, and that's all before noon. Yep, I'm going to bed.

A Little Off.............

No comments: