All About YOU

Sign by Dealighted - Black Friday Coupons

A compilation of subject matter as seen from my viewpoint. There is no secret or hidden meaning, so read it "as is." There is NOTHING to read between the lines. This forum I use simply to sort my thoughts, feelings, ideas, and insights, not as an avenue for communication.

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Poo-Pooed Too Soon?

It is really weird, because though I feel I was a "born sceptic," I can be so easily fooled about some things. I'm gullible when in regard to someone purposely trying to "pull my leg."

For instance, at the end of August, the beginning of October, some members of our church brought from their garden an odd looking, squatty, flattened, white, scalloped-edged squash. I didn't know what it was as I had never seen anything like that.

Well, several other mischievous members convinced me that they were gourds and that they were used to decorate one's house, porch, whatever, with. One lady said that she had been painting them for years and that she looked so forward to doing it every year.

I was bound and determined to try this new craft and see if I could get into the "harvest" mood and perhaps I, too, would decorate my house in this unusual motif. Needless to say, I had dug myself into the deepest pit and eventually they all wailed at my gullibility. Yeah.....Ha....Ha....real funny...............

So, why, then an I sceptical concerning so many other things? Most likely because it has to do with moo-lah. That's my guess, anyway. Anyone or anything that tries to part me from my money using a "get rich quick," sensationalistic approach, usually doesn't work.

I have known (closely) people who have parted with their money....fairly quickly, I might add....for such enticing invitations to: sell gold by the inch at a shopping mall, make custom-made golf clubs for the public, "invest" in time shares in remote places, selling bratwurst and BBQ sandwiches with one of those little stainless steel jobs with a red and white umbrella looming over it, purchase a water softener/purifying system which would "save countless dollars in the long run," and of course, the ever popular, "this is not your average, run of the mill vacuum cleaner." And that is not even including the untold numbers of things and "special offers" purchased from telephone solicitors. Oh yeah, I've had my share of something for nothing schemes.

Which brings me to my point. Whether it is in my head or if I'm just having a couple of good days together, I do feel better today, and for the first time in quite some time, I slept through the night last night.

Now I would like to think it is Barry's recommended Blessed Thistle, NU XLAN, not sleeping under a ceiling fan, the 3 oz of pineapple juice mixed with 3 oz of tonic water prior to bedtime, and increasing my fluid intake because of my dehydration, but I'm still looking at it through one squinted eye and a cocked eyebrow, if you know what I mean.

The problem is, I love research, and I researched everything, and I do mean everything, he mentioned. For instance, he suggested I go to www.wilsonssyndrome.com and see if that didn't sound like what I was experiencing. However, once I reviewed that site, I got the distinct feeling he had some investment in that particular site.

I, of course, don't know what, if any, connection he has in this website, but I just got that gut feeling. So, I "googled" Wilson's Syndrome, also known by (as I discovered) Wilson's Temperature Syndrome. My, my at the resources available concerning this (what I found to be) controversial ailment.

The symptoms of this syndrome are wide range, rather vague, and seemed, to me, to be symptoms any number of persons could, and indeed do, experience periodically. Nothing was specific, or definitive. I felt uncomfortable with it, honestly.

Since the crux of this syndrome is supposedly thyroid deficiency related, when googled, the American Thyroid Association (I'm thinking that is the correct group) and the Mayo Clinic (fairly reputable, huh?) sites were listed.

Not only did both sources claim that this syndrome was not an acceptable recognized medical diagnosis, but the treatment, if treated with T3 could, indeed, be detrimental to one's health.

While Barry does not treat this syndrome with T3, rather with this NU XLAN, which contains calcium, Jerusalem Oak (seed) and cellulace, both groups cautioned that treating this condition may well hinder a medical doctor from finding the "real" problem and therefore delaying proper treatment.

It has not been that long since I was examined by my physician and did have blood work as well. All of my lab was within normal limits and I am on thyroid medication and have been for years. Because of that, I did not hesitate to supplement my medication with two added herbs.

I would strongly caution those who have not done a thorough investigation on what well known, reputable medical organizations have to say about not only these herbs and this syndrome, but anything and everything concerning one's own health and well being, to do just that. Do not blindly take someones word for any condition or recommended remedy, and that includes any medical doctor.

We are to be informed and knowledgeable about our bodies and the workings therein. If you are reading this right now, you have the capability to do your own research and come to your own conclusion. Be informed, and make wise choices. I urge everyone to become an activist concerning your own health! Ask questions, and again, do not follow without question anyone to whom you have entrusted your health, and consequently, your very life.

Waiting patiently to see how this turns out.......

A Little Off.....

No comments: