All About YOU

Sign by Dealighted - Black Friday Coupons

A compilation of subject matter as seen from my viewpoint. There is no secret or hidden meaning, so read it "as is." There is NOTHING to read between the lines. This forum I use simply to sort my thoughts, feelings, ideas, and insights, not as an avenue for communication.

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Shadows and Silhouettes




Interesting subject, I think, for 0500. Don't you? I rather fancy all photographs taken in silhouette. Intrigue, mystery, wonder, and imagination left to conclude what one wants.

Photographs with the aforementioned qualities in the previous paragraph are not always easy to capture--at least in my limited experience in photography. Easy to take are the straight-on subject and verb (as I refer to them) snapshots. You know, a child playing in a pool, a dog catching a Frisbee.

Although I do enjoy portraits, mostly because I micromanage the whole experience from the make up and hair to the seating and background, my first love is that of the "interpretative" shot. It is possible to incorporate enigma into even a portrait, however, and achieve such an outcome.

I fear I have many of the "rambling" loves my dad has. I am terribly interested in many things. And, I must say, if I do engross myself into a project or hobby, I am quite pleased with the end result(s). To me it is the only way of living I know. My problem is trying to combine my loves and do them justice in some way.

As even I find my last statement to be a bit ambiguous, allow me to explain. My passions, now, are the following: anything to do with hair and/or make up, writing, and photography. Blogging is the perfect venue allowing me to relish them all.

Case in point: Pat's make over, Sam's Christmas photos, and orchestrating family photos. You know...those strategically planned "taken off guard" snapshots. "Take this one!" "Look at me!" Oh, that's just me? OK, so I'm hyper aware of any camera within two miles of me. LOL

And so, being able to blog about, and to post, photos which I have taken is perfect! All of my interests are intertwined and I am most pleased. One might say I am a bit of a control freak. And then there are those who would simply label me a freak. Both may be right. But, I remember frequently the passage in the Bible which supersedes any and all labels I may fit: I am wonderfully and fearfully made. You knew me before I was knit together in my mother's womb." That, of course, is paraphrased, but nonetheless, I prefer to view my differences while aligned with that/those verses. I, like you, are a one-of-a-kind masterpiece!

Tom and I will be going to church for our regular Wednesday night service. Then we will head for a dear friend's (Joan) house for a New Year's Eve party. I do so love small, intimate gatherings. There I feel free to be me and not so stiff and "proper," if you will.

We know everyone who is expected to be there which I delight in greatly. And there will be GAMES!! Woo Hoo! AND...I'm not in charge of them! Another big WooHoo as many times I find myself responsible for initiating the crowd interaction and movement. That may well be because often I volunteer. H-E-L-L-O! That's what I get, huh?

In any event, I am excited about being a participant. And I will do my very best not to take over as game show host. teehee.....


 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SILHOUETTES OF BIRDS,,,,,,HUMMMMMMMMMMM-THE STUDY OF ORNITHOLOGY IN SILHOUETTE. INTERESTING SUBJECT (THE SUBJECT OF BIRDS);VERY NICE PHOTOS