All About YOU

Sign by Dealighted - Black Friday Coupons

A compilation of subject matter as seen from my viewpoint. There is no secret or hidden meaning, so read it "as is." There is NOTHING to read between the lines. This forum I use simply to sort my thoughts, feelings, ideas, and insights, not as an avenue for communication.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My thoughts on patience...

OK, I openly admit I've never had an over abundant supply of patience. Patients, yes. Patience, never!

I am SO waiting for BeeJay's to contact me and tell me to show up for orientation wearing my little white lab coat. I'm not a good waiter, honestly!

I mean really...in my mind I've already got my "station" decorated with photos of Tom and Maggie. And in truth....I don't even know if I am going at all!!!

Everything is in play. I've verified that I am genuinely at poverty level and honestly qualify for a government grant. I've turned in my paperwork for verification of the verification!!! Come on! It's time already!

It's not like I could start any time really soon as classes only begin every second Tuesday of every month. So, even if they called me yesterday, I couldn't start until November 11th. Now I am really bummed since I glanced at the calendar.

I guess I'd better put my big girl pants on and live in the moment. Grrr...just the advice I'd give my best friend..... Build a bridge and get over it! I know, I'm wishing away my life. What am I missing in the here and now by only looking toward November 11??? I wonder....

Today was a good day, all things considered. I did get this room cleaned up for the most part. I have dreaded it for some time. But, since it was painfully evident that the house cleaning fairies were not visiting any time soon (Lord knows I've given them enough time to show up), I decided to at the very least, straighten up the stacks of books, shoes and clothes. You know, make it appear as if the fairies had dropped in for a brief moment.

I have to psych myself out or up to tackling a monumental task such as this room by convincing myself that I will only work for 15 minutes, or perhaps on a good day, an hour.

Well, once I got into it, the task wasn't nearly as daunting and frightening as I had made it out to be. It was rather nice seeing that I had made quite the path through piles in no time at all. Hey, this room has carpet! : .....

I have also found that if I turn the TV off...not turn the volume down...and turn a radio station on the PC that I could actually listen to and WORK during, that it is very conducive to productivity.

Today for my listening and distracting pleasure, I chose to go to the archives of another great teacher, and Christian apologist, Ravi Zacharias. His radio program is "Just Thinking," I believe. His written publication, also available on the web, is "Let My People Think."

If you know not of whom I am speaking and care to listen to some of his sermons, or lectures, really, allow me to give you a "heads-up" on Mr. Z.

He is a man of few frivolous words. When asked why he uses such large words, his answer was simply, "Why use 5 or 6 to explain something which one word will do?"
So, if your vocabulary is somewhat limited, such as mine, log onto an online dictionary.

He doesn't speak so far above one's intellect (mine, for instance) that his point is not easily understood. I find his subject matter and the issues of which he speaks, fascinating. Always one wishing to have not only a correct answer, but a convincing one as well, I very much admire Mr. Z.

Considering the hours upon hours he has bound to have put into his research, one might assume that the same knowledge could be attained by anyone who also is willing to sacrificed as much time for study. Hmmm...

OK, enough insight, I'm off to watch a movie on TV. LOL **wink**

A Little Off............


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the blog Teresa!
I'll add you to my reader.

glad I'm not the only blog-nerd! (and I mean that in a good-nerdy way)
:D