All About YOU

Sign by Dealighted - Black Friday Coupons

A compilation of subject matter as seen from my viewpoint. There is no secret or hidden meaning, so read it "as is." There is NOTHING to read between the lines. This forum I use simply to sort my thoughts, feelings, ideas, and insights, not as an avenue for communication.

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Guilt for no good reason...

There are reasons one should have a feeling of overwhelming guilt, and I believe, too, that oftentimes people feel guilt for no good reason.

Take for instance the following scenario: When I woke up this morning it was well after 11 AM. Today is Sunday. I'm not sure what time my lovely husband slipped from our bed, but it was before I awoke.

Our usual routine on Sunday is to rush around and get to church by 9:30 in order to participate in choir practice. It didn't happen today. In fact, church didn't happen in our world today.

I wasn't feeling that well when I went to bed last night with the stuffy nose, scratchy throat and the sneezing. Oh, yes, indeed, I could have made it to church without difficulty and pulled it off well.

But it didn't happen. I was (honestly) relieved when I saw that it was well passed the cut off time to scurry around and try to make it in time. But should I feel guilty about that?

I did, at first, but I got over it. My precious husband has never been one to attempt the "we really need to go, we're expected, you know." For that I am grateful, because it never helped one whit in my past life, and I'm quite sure it would fail miserably in this life as well.

As the day wore on, I began to delight in a day not only at home, but in bed, as well. The days are getting shorter, and colder, and our heat hasn't been turned on once yet. I've been making toast for nearly every meal and leaving the door of the toaster oven open when it's done, but that doesn't count. LOL Just kidding.

As I have heard many, many times when oversleeping was the issue: "I must have needed the rest." I guess I did.

There was, of course, a second chance to go to church when the evening rolled around. Missed that too. Every once in a while I simply enjoy staying home and having not one thing on the agenda. Kicking back and playing with Maggie Mae and asking questions about football teams seem to fit the bill.

I don't feel guilty at all. Though we have not discussed it, just at face value, it looks as if Tom has enjoyed his day today as well. I'm sure Maggie has.

Winter is a season I "tolerate." Unless it is snowing, I know of no good reason to experience it. I'm guessing it is nature's way of not feeling guilty for not budding, blooming, and "showing off."

That's ok, I get it and approve. It gives me something to look forward to--Spring!

A Little Off.....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Definitely don't feel guilty! But do know you guys were missed today. :)