All About YOU

Sign by Dealighted - Black Friday Coupons

A compilation of subject matter as seen from my viewpoint. There is no secret or hidden meaning, so read it "as is." There is NOTHING to read between the lines. This forum I use simply to sort my thoughts, feelings, ideas, and insights, not as an avenue for communication.

Friday, October 24, 2008

In the wee hours

At 6:22, I realize it is hardly the wee hours of the morning, however, I just got to bed at midnight or so. Yeah, I know, that's still 6, almost 7 hours of sleep. Even still, it is difficult for me to ponder over deep, philosophical subjects like Ravi Zacharias first thing right out of the box, so to speak. lol

Had a great time last night "visiting" with a friend and her family last evening. Upon arriving they were well into watching an old movie. Old, as in black and white. Admittedly, it's got to be a pretty drawing movie for me to get into it right away if a movie isn't at least in color. Well, except for It's A Wonderful Life, of course. I'm not sure I'd even be interested in watching it colorized.

Anyway, quickly I was "into" it. It starred Robert Mitchum, (I'm not sure that is spelled correctly. My apologies, if not) who I understand was/is(?) one of my mom's heart-throbs. He is a rather handsome chap, I must say. I've always liked a cleft chin........

It wasn't the movie content that captured me so much as the sets on which it was painfully obvious it was shot. Soon, we all began laughing at the fact that in those days (the mid 50's, I suppose) that was probably one of the more realistic looking films. My, how we've improved!

I think it is healthy to laugh. After last night, I should have a perfect bill of health! The deadpan faces, the monotone voices, and the DRAMATIC music of that age are priceless! It is my firm belief that every child should be required to watch 60 hours of black and white film--without criticism. That'd make these young whipper-snappers appreciate the amenities of today! lol

Enough for now...

A Little Off....

No comments: