All About YOU

Sign by Dealighted - Black Friday Coupons

A compilation of subject matter as seen from my viewpoint. There is no secret or hidden meaning, so read it "as is." There is NOTHING to read between the lines. This forum I use simply to sort my thoughts, feelings, ideas, and insights, not as an avenue for communication.

Friday, January 9, 2009

Passion at a standstill

What to do, what to do. I am stuck between a rock and a hard spot, as they say. I have been accepted into Bee Jays Hairstyling Academy and have been awarded a full grant. While that is wonderful news, the grant does not completely cover the cost of the cosmetology course there.

I now understand that when one qualifies for a government grant, a predetermined amount--across the board--is granted, regardless of the course the grant will be used for. In other words, the grant is the same irrespective of how or where it will be applied.

As the fee varies from school to school, county to county, course to course, the grant may cover only a portion of the total cost, or possibly the entire cost will be covered by the grant. In my case, the cosmetology course cost is a little over $10, 000.00 and is government funded. I looked into two other cosmetology courses besides the one in Batesville, one in Highland, and one in Leslie.

Both courses are slightly less expensive, however, neither are government funded. Therefore, my grant would be rendered useless at either institution. Highland would be only slightly closer to home and I was offered a place to stay there, free of charge. The school in Leslie operates somewhat differently as they are not open year-round, rather operate much like public schools with a 9 month school year, out for the summer months, and reassemble in the fall.

Not that it matters now, but I would much rather go year 'round and get the course over with as soon as possible in order to begin to see revenue or profit quickly.

I did call Bee Jay's yesterday to inquire as to whether the school allowed one to work out a payment plan for the needed down payment. Indeed, I learned, one can make a payment prior to the first day of school, but the rest (remainder) of the monies the first day of school. Too bad I'm not independently wealthy like the rest of you who are reading this blog.

An interesting question was posed concerning this quandary. "If," I was asked, "you qualify for a grant related to your income falling within the poverty/low income level, how, then, are you expected to come up with $1, 800.00?" That, is a very good, and very interesting question. One, to which, I'm afraid, I do not have the answer.

It's only a guess, but I'm guessing Christmas can be marked off of the list of ways I'll fall into the money. My birthday is coming up, however, I had hoped to be in school by that time. I haven't bought any lottery tickets, so that's out. I own nothing of value, so having a sale is marked off of the list. I can't get a job because my grant was based on my income and that would jeopardize my grant. I don't own a credit card, so nix that one. To my knowledge, I have no rich relative on his/her last leg just worried sick about to whom their last dollar will be left.

Guess there's always that TV show, The Secret Millionaire, but then, I haven't noticed anyone new/strange lurking about filming our every move. If there is a philanthropist reading this, and this whining pulls at your heart strings, by all means, feel free to direct your attention, and your check book, toward me. I'll make you proud.


I am a woman of faith, so I know that everything will work out just the way it is supposed to. More times than not, I want to manipulate my circumstances and force them to be the way I want them to be. It just so happens that I do not especially like the waiting part. His ways are most definitely not my ways. I have no doubts about that one. The waiting, I suppose, is meant to teach me something and if I had my way and waited not, the lesson would most likely be missed.

God not often "shares" or reveals His reasoning for the process with me. Self denial and delayed gratification are not my forte'. Usually, if I can see the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel, I'm good to go. Conversely, being patient and simply taking come what may irritates me to no end. I'm all about being in on a master plan working toward a specific end, but I'm not too much of a team player when I'm clueless as to what the game plan is and I'm left to just trust all will be well without any input from me whatsoever.

Is that control? Is it called control when it relates to one's own life, or is it just desiring to take an active part in the course or direction one's life takes? I realize I'm rambling. I find it sometimes helps sort out the details and put into perspective the loose ends which don't seem to fit anywhere in particular.

In any case, I'm finished babbling for now. My money making possibilities are most likely endless, all of which somehow escape me at this time.......

Your input is welcome.......your monetary contributions will not be turned away......checks, cash, stocks, bonds, precious stones, gold, art, unique collectibles, rare coins, property, items for auction @ Sotheby's, and anything else you may wish to contribute will be appreciated. And, thank you in advance for your thoughtfulness.

(More than) A Little Off.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

TERESA, NEVER GIVE UP ON YOUR DREAMS AND NEVER , EVER ALLOW NEGATIVE COMMENTS OR THINKING OF OTHER PEOPLE TO DAMPEN YOUR FAITH OR DESIRES OF YOUR HEART. YOU ARE LOVED AND LOVING. OPPORTUNITY WILL COME MY DEAR. IN THE MEANWILE BE AT PEACE. SENDING YOU SOME LOVE.