All About YOU

Sign by Dealighted - Black Friday Coupons

A compilation of subject matter as seen from my viewpoint. There is no secret or hidden meaning, so read it "as is." There is NOTHING to read between the lines. This forum I use simply to sort my thoughts, feelings, ideas, and insights, not as an avenue for communication.

Saturday, January 17, 2009

My Gated Community

About a week ago I noticed that to gain access to my blog one (myself included) first must read a disclaimer of sorts and make an "informed" decision as to whether to proceed and enter, or to opt out and err on the side of caution.

This aforementioned consent offers a warning to the intended guest of my blog site stating that the site may contain content suitable only for adults. Should the guest click on the bar tool which states something like, "Yes, I understand and wish to continue to enter," or something close to that.

Since I was not notified by Google (who is the host of my blog site) concerning any such notice or disclaimer, I was left to my own (limited) devices to ferret out any possible reason for the change in visiting my Internet "home."


After a short time, I came to a conclusion. At the end of each of my posts, I have a formatted "Reaction" gallery. And, indeed, I had changed the wording at the time of the Google addition of the gated community entry way. The word "offensive" had been added, by me, as one of the several possible reactions one might choose in response to my entry.

Indeed, I believe this flagged my site and a precautionary warning was automatically generated by Google. Which, by the way, I believe to be a responsible action on the part of Google. The warning sign does state that Google has X amount of bloggers and cannot screen each blog site, each entry on a regular basis--which, of course is understandable.

And so, I take this opportunity to assure you, my reader(s) that I do not now, nor will I ever have purposely offensive content, (language, photos, subject matter, etc.) on/in any of my blog entries. The choice of "offensive" was added as an afterthought of sorts to certain familial unfortold and unexpected, I might add, reaction(s) to one of my entries. However, also let it be known that the reaction options, whining, TMI, and others were added at that time as well.

Now, too, I would urge anyone on my email mailing list not only to continue to read the blog entries via email, but to visit the site often, as well. I update the site frequently and am changing the look, adding useful gadgets and interesting facts I believe you ought to see for yourself. Photographs, as I understand it, are not included in the email version of my entry.

As I am a photography enthusiast, oftentimes photographs are added without dialogue, or with little dialogue. So, visit the actual site, look around, and you may well stumble onto information, tools, common "helps" unable to be sent via email. Feel free to search from my site and to visit any of the helpful sites I host. I believe you will find what you are looking for (and many you hadn't thought of, but find useful) right from my blog site.

Your comments (and reactions) are welcome, and I find they are most useful in my quest to learn what piques the interests of my readers. And too, do not hesitate to leave questions, comments, and/or suggestions concerning future topics. Although my topics are random and come as I experience them, your input would certainly be useful to me in my effort to write on a myriad and wide range of subjects.

Having said all of that, please feel comfortable with making a choice to click on the tool bar gaining entry to my exclusive gated community I call


A Little Off...........

No comments: